Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Kelowna Sept 18, 2013

Kelowna, it’s funny to be here after so many years, originally my home town. Canyon Farms has turned out to be a lovely and peaceful RV Park nestled beside Gallagher Canyon Golf course, and all the fancy houses, that line the fairways in East Kelowna and it is close to the Greenway Park Pathway, a 16 km multi use path that winds along Mission Creek down to Okanagan Lake. There’s a bear warning for the park - seems like they are everywhere now.

The RV Park owner, Leslie, has a flower and vegetable garden and laying chickens so there are fresh veggies and eggs that can be purchased. Apples and grapes are being picked in the orchards, and I bought some great veggies at the Farmers Market. One kind vendor offered me three hot peppers to try - he said I would find out which one was best for me. Well I made a lovely fresh salad last night and chopped up one of the long tube shaped yellow/orange peppers thinking it would be like a banana pepper and threw it on top of the salad, and stood back, mightily pleased with my culinary skills, it was a thing of beauty. 

And then I took a bite. And chewed. And oh my God, I had to crank out the water, and then the icecubes. 1/2 an hour later I was able to eat again, through puffed up lips, but my salad was no longer garnished with peppers.

I am having a super time - hiking, biking, and swimming in the beautiful lake. I have found a great beach on the lake, out on Lakeshore Drive, for dogs – Cedar Creek Dog Park. And I have biked the amazing trestles in Myra Canyon which are just 12km away from here, up McCulloch Road.

Who knows what is around the next bend?






So fresh, so good to eat

Not bad for a dog park - Cedar Creek Park

Grapes and more grapes, Okanagan Lake behind


Zinnias at Canyon Farms


Being so near to this fairway makes me want to golf again!

My sweet little site


Greenway Path

Fresh eggs!

An ocean yacht docked behind smaller boat!

Living the good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment