Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Banff, Tunnel Mountain CG, July 23



I guess he has the right of way




Travelling the Parkway to Banff


Town of Banff, July23
I drove down the parkway today and loved every minute of it.
Tonight I am camped at Tunnel Mountain in the no services area, Village 1 it’s called for $27.40 per night. It’s an extra $6.00 to have  a fire so I skipped that. And it’s a good thing too, because as soon as I stepped outside mosquitoes were landing on all areas of bare skin. I met my neighbour, and we each stood there slapping and scratching as we chatted. He said don’t worry these are just the babies, the big ones come out at dusk. They must have followed me from Crimson Lake.


I will stay here for a couple more days and then head south to cross the border into the US and meet up with my travelling Michigan friends, Gaila and Dick at Swiftcurrent Campground at Many Glacier. It’s a bit of a challenge finding campgrounds because some of them are still shut down with flood damage or at least they have a limited number of sites available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment