Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Surrey to Kamloops Day 1, then on to Golden Day 2

Willllllllll you please hurry up? I am so ready to go...
I am going as fast as I can!

Fort Langley - will it ever stop raining? My shoes are turning into mushrooms
Fraser Valley, Mountains ahead and blue sky, on to the #5 connector to Merritt just past Hope

 Merritt - nice to see this BC hot spot so green in spring

Leaving Kamloops on highway #1 after getting the wheel bearings greased up - I would have had to wait 2 weeks to have it done in the Surrey area, here, all done in one day. I stayed for free behind the Kamloops Costco - I didn't know the loading dock was right down the way a bit - and that trucks arrive all night - beep, beep,, beeeeeeeeeep!
The only place around, good for a cool drink and an opportunity to stop and cross the highway and then a bridge to see the  SouthThompson River.




Sicamous - all the hot spots in town - and it's sunny



 A logging truck in trouble, being off-loaded by another one

Rain, sun, rain, sun




Revelstoke
Downtown Revelstoke
Revelstoke - You don't want to miss this bakery - yum!

Roger's Pass

The path into this area was closed

So chilly up here that I wish I had gloves


















Golden Municipal Campground right on the river - across from the train tracks. Big Ass Betty? Perhaps I should name my trailer?

Mountains all around Golden


No comments:

Post a Comment