Monday, October 7, 2013

Nanaimo to Gabriola Island October 3-5 2013

 In Nanaimo I caught the very small commuter ferry to Gabriola Island, often referred to as the "Queen of the Gulf Islands". It is certainly the most accessible one, taking only 20 minutes to reach it by ferry. 


Ferry to Gabriola Island - The "Gabe"
I camped at Descanso Bay Regional Park -  just a few moments from the ferry and only $10.00 per night. It has 3 beautiful coves and amazing reefs. I was the only camper - imagine... and it sure got dark at night...








Park reef

Looking from the park back to Nanaimo

Fire buckets in the park

Love the coffeeshops! I wonder if there is a job in which I could travel around and rate them?


Dinner! And I did not prepare this over my campfire






Everything is starting to feel damp and the windows are dripping. And my trailer battery is almost out of juice, time to move on...



No comments:

Post a Comment